Pregnancy and postpartum policy
We have put into place an exception to our standard event policies to permit deferral for participants who need to cancel their registration due to being pregnant, recently pregnant or postpartum. Registered participants who become pregnant or have given birth since registering for the event are eligible to cancel and defer their entry and fee to a future Chicago 13.1 within a three-year window.
Registered participants requesting a cancellation under this policy must email a completed Physician Authorization Form to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. (Central Time) on Wednesday, June 5, 2024. The Physician Authorization Form must be completed by a physician, registered midwife or other medical professional. At our discretion, we may waive this requirement under certain circumstances such as miscarriage.
If you have questions about this policy, or would like to discuss other circumstances relating to pregnancy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registered participants who are eligible for cancellation and deferral under this policy and secured entry through the event’s Charity Program are required to contact the non-profit coordinator to cancel their entry.
Registered participants requesting a cancellation should be aware of the following:
- The guaranteed entry is specific to you and may not be transferred to any other person.
- You must claim your guaranteed entry during the future event registration window (2025, 2026 or 2027).
- An email will be sent to eligible participants when the registration window is open. The email will include instructions on how to claim your complimentary guaranteed entry.
- Your 2024 event entry fee will be deferred to a future event (2025, 2026 or 2027). If there is an increase in the event entry fee, you will not be required to pay the difference.
- If you purchased additional items for the 2024 event, those items are non-refundable and will not be applied to future participation.
- The application window and race dates for future Bank of America Chicago 13.1 events have not been finalized. Historically, the Chicago 13.1 has been held the first Sunday of June.
- Once this process has been completed, it cannot be undone. At our discretion, we will consider exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
Please note, if an eligible participant cannot claim their guaranteed entry during the three-year window because of an additional pregnancy, they will be eligible for an additional cancellation under the policy.
In the event the 2024 Bank of America Chicago 13.1 is cancelled, the option to defer will be void and all participants will be eligible to receive a partial refund for their 2024 entry fee or defer their place to the 2025 event, as outlined in the event cancellation policy.
Registered participants going through adoption or surrogacy, or who have a partner who is pregnant, are eligible for the Bank of America Chicago 13.1’s standard cancellation policy. Learn more about the entry cancellation process.