Volunteer group leaders
We can’t wait for your volunteer group to join us at the inaugural Bank of America Chicago 13.1. This event will come alive with the support of hundreds of individual volunteers and volunteer groups, coordinated by committed and enthusiastic group leaders like you.
About the inaugural event
The inaugural Bank of America Chicago 13.1 will take place on Sunday, June 5. The course will weave through the historic parks and boulevards of the West Side, starting and finishing in Garfield Park.
Group leader responsibilities
- Communicate clearly with your group about the specifics of the volunteer role
- Recruit your volunteer group. The age minimum for group volunteers is 16 years of age. One adult chaperone is required for every 10 volunteers under the age of 18 to ensure sufficient supervision. Chaperones must, without exception, be 21 years of age or older, and they must register online with their group.
- Monitor individual registration of your volunteer group members.
- Group leaders are expected to register the number of volunteers committed in their group leader application.
- Make sure all volunteers bring valid photo identification. School IDs are accepted.
- Stay until the assignment is complete and your volunteer group has fulfilled their role honestly.
Group leader application
Please review the steps below on how to complete the group leader application:
Step 1: Review the volunteer policies.
Step 2: Follow the link below to begin the group leader application.
Step 3: Be sure to include any time restrictions your group may have within the application so the Volunteer Team can place your group accordingly.
Step 4: Select your groups assignment preference. Please note that assignments are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Step 5: Within the group leader application, indicate your group’s size. You must have at least 10 volunteers to form a group. If you are seeking a donation, your group must check-in at least 20 volunteers to your assignment. Please inform the Volunteer Team as soon as possible if your estimated group size changes as the Volunteer Team gives your group an assignment based off this number.
Step 6: Wait approximately one week to receive your group assignment via email.
Step 7: When you receive your group assignment, reply to your group assignment email so the Volunteer Team knows you received your assignment.
Step 8: Share your registration link with your group members! Group leaders do NOT need to register through this link.
Step 9: The registration link will be available until all of the requested slots are filled or at the registration deadline on Sunday, May 29 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
Volunteer group donations
We understand the time and effort involved in coordinating a group of volunteers. We would like to recognize qualifying groups with a modest donation. More information and required forms will be available in advance of the event.
- The group must be a non-profit group, club or organization.
- The group must be able to present a W-9 completed for the organization or fiscal agent with a tax identification number.
- The group must check in 20 or more volunteers on race day and/or at Packet Pick-up.
- Required forms must be submitted by the established deadline.