Volunteer group opportunities
Within the group leader application, you can select your group’s assignment preference from the following options. Please note each group will be assigned according to past experience and event needs, and assignments are filled on a first-come first-served basis. Some groups may be divided or reassigned as needed.
Bank of America Chicago 13.1
Sunday, June 5
- Aid station: Volunteers will distribute water and Nuun Hydration to half marathon participants, as well as assist with the setup and cleanup of the aid station.
- Course marshals: Volunteer as course marshals in one of the three course zones to ensure the course stays clear of spectator and vehicle traffic, and act as a source of information about the event (provided) and surrounding neighborhood. Course marshals must be 18 years or older and able to stand for four or more hours.
- Start line: Join the excitement at the start line by regulating access to the start corrals and assisting with the forward progress of participants through the corrals.
- Finish line: Volunteers help keep the finish line area safe by controlling traffic flow throughout the area and continually encouraging runners to keep moving.
- Gear check: Ensure race participants have an excellent experience before and after the race by collecting and organizing gear check bags from participants before the race and return them afterward.
- Start hydration: Prepare and distribute water and Nuun Hydration to participants before they make their way to the start line.
- Volunteer Check-in: A trustworthy and reliable team of volunteers is needed to help to check in hundreds of volunteers and distribute uniforms as they arrive at the event site.
- Sustainability: Help us make a difference beyond race day! Sustainability volunteers assist race participants and spectators to correctly recycle and compost specific products distributed by the event such as water bottles, Nuun Hydration cups, banana peels and food.
- Open to opportunities: Volunteers who are flexible and open to roles anywhere are highly sought after and always appreciated. Groups without preference to an area could be placed on any of the teams mentioned above.
Group leader application
Return to the group leader application page to learn more and to apply.
- Volunteer policies
- Volunteer FAQs
- Please direct questions to email@example.com.